Moving Resources, Guides and Tools

Changing Mailing Address

Report your change of address to continue receiving mail and government benefits.

Change Your Address with the Post Office

Change Mailing Address
You can also ask the USPS to temporarily change your address or hold your mail.

Change Your Address with Other Government Agencies

Other federal and state agencies to contact when changing your address include:

  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Contact the IRS to change your address if you are expecting a tax refund or other mail. You can also change your address with the IRS by writing your new address in the appropriate boxes on your tax return when you file.
  • Social Security Administration (SSA) - Change your address online using your my Social Security account if you receive Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability benefits or are enrolled in Medicare. If you don't receive Social Security benefits or Medicare, contact the SSA.
  • Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) - Contact the VA if you are a veteran who receives benefit payments or you wish to update your records.
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Contact USCIS if you are a non-U.S. citizen who is required to register your address.
  • State Motor Vehicle Agencies - Contact your state to change your address on your driver's license or motor vehicle registration.
  • State Election Offices - Contact your state election office to change your address on your voter registration record.


Get FREE Moving Quotes!

Fill out the short form below to compare moving quotes in seconds and save up to 60%.



Zip Code Look Up

Select your State and then City