This privacy statement covers the site WWW.GETAMOVER.COM.
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should first contact us by calling at +1 (703) 996-9339
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
· · "User," "you,"
and "your" means any natural person visiting, and/or subscribing
to the services offered on, the Getamover Web site acting primarily
in a personal capacity and for purposes other than resale.
· · "Mover" means any moving and/or relocation service provider participating in the Getamover Web site.
· · "Getamover" means the Getamover Web sites, Getamover.com, Findamover.com.
One of the basic principles of Getamover is that we ask only for the personally identifiable information we need to provide and customize the services you request on our Web site, such as to solicit matching quotes from participating Movers, to fulfill your moving supplies needs, and to provide you with an enhanced relocation experience. Personally identifiable information is any information that can be used to determine the identity of a User, such as the User's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and relocation address. The information collected in these areas will be used only and specifically for the purpose it was given to us.
· · Submitting Quote Requests and Registration by Users: When you submit a request for a quote, we ask you to provide information by filing out and submitting an online form. This information includes contact information such as your name, telephone number, and e-mail address, and specific moving information such as your current place of residence, moving destination, moving date, inventory storage, inventory weight, distance between current residence and moving destination, type of current dwelling, type of destination dwelling, number of furnished rooms, existence of elevator, number of stair flights, and whether packaging services and packaging supplies are required. The more information you submit, the better we can match you with a Mover. Further, in order to create an account we request submission of a secret password.
· · Merchants Seeking
to Join the Network: At the "merchant
center" on our Web site we provide information for retailers,
and content and other service providers in the moving and relocation
industry who want to join the Getamover network. If you would like
to become an affiliate, we ask you to provide information by filling
out and submitting an online application form. This information
includes your name, your company's name, address, e-mail address,
telephone and fax number, and Web site address.
· · Email Page to a Friend: If a User elects to use our referral service in order to inform a friend about our Web site, we ask you to provide us with the friend's e-mail address. Your friends e-mail address will not be used for any other purposes.
· · User Feedback: If a User wishes to provide us with feedback about our Web site and/or services related to our Web site, we request your name and e-mail address.
· · Aggregate Information:
Getamover collects aggregate, non-personal
information about its users, such as IP addresses, browser types,
and usage of the Web site and related services. This information
is not used to personally identify any individual users.
· · Information from Children: Getamover does not direct its Web site at children under thirteen (13) years of age. Individuals under eighteen (18) years of age should consult with their parent or guardian about the use of this site for their benefit.
· · Movers: At the User's direction (when clicking "finish and send quote request") the information provided by the User in the online form for quote requests is sent to participating Movers. The contact and moving information you submitted to us can be viewed by matching Movers on a non -public section of the Getamover Web site for two (2) weeks following the date of your submission. Matching Movers and relocation service providers may then contact you directly via e-mail, telephone, or facsimile. If you prefer not to be contacted by telephone, you may choose only to provide us with your fax number. Incoming quotes from Movers can be viewed at your Getamover account, and you may contact the Mover of your choice on your own initiative. Each of the participating Movers has expressly consented by individual agreement with Getamover not to share or disclose your contact and moving information with third parties without Getamover's permission or other than as necessary to fulfill their service obligations and to collect the associated costs and expenses.
· · Partners: If you chose to be contacted by one of our service partners. for a free match to a home services professional, your personally identifiable information will be sent to them and you are authorizing them to contact you via phone or email to help match you with a prescreened contractor in your area. By selecting to be contacted by our partner you are subject to their Terms of Service.
· · Getamover Sales Personnel: If you filled out an online application form in the "merchant center" on our Web site in order to join the Getamover network, your information will be submitted to the Getamover sales department. A sales executive will then contact you directly via telephone, e-mail, or facsimile. Users may be contacted by Getamover personnel in the event that a data submission by the User is incoherent or corrupt, or to request the name of the retained Mover.
· · Advertisers and Marketing Companies: We may share aggregate information about our Web site with advertisers and marketing companies for general marketing and demographic purposes. Such information does not include any personally identifiable information.
· Companies and Individuals Acting on Getamover's Behalf: Getamover dont have any links with 3rd parties, it only has reliable Movers as members.
· · Business Partners and Co-Sponsored Retailers or Service Providers: On our Web site we work closely with other retailers and service and content providers in the moving and relocation industry with whom we may share aggregate information. Such information does not include any personally identifiable information.
· · User Feedback: Users may be contacted by Getamover personnel for the purpose of following up on User Feedback. Getamover reserves the right to use, reproduce, and make available to the public your abbreviated name, your residential state and feedback message for marketing and advertising purposes
· · Duration of Storage on Our Database: Getamover stores and retains your contact and moving information, solely for the purposes of record-keeping, internal auditing, and analysis.
· · Email Page to a Friend: If a User elects our referral service "Email Page to a Friend," we will automatically send your friend a one-time email including your personalized message and an invitation to visit our Web site. We will not process or share or disclose with third parties your friend's email address.
· · Compliance with Law and Enforcement of Terms of Service: In cases where required by law or court order, Getamover may be forced to release personally identifiable information of Users to permit investigation of credit card fraud, illegal use of the Internet, or other cases of misconduct. In addition, we may also share or disclose personally identifiable information if necessary to enforce or apply the Terms of Service, or to protect the rights and property of Getamover.
· · Other Third Parties: Other than described above, Getamover will not share or disclose your personally identifiable information with third parties, unless we have given you the opportunity to choose not to have your information shared with said third parties ("opt out"), and you have not exercised that opportunity.
Welcome and Confirmation Email.
We send them a confirmation and welcome email, to the moving company, when they first signs up for our service, giving them more details about our services. We send a Confirmation and Welcome email to our end-users also, who requests a quote from our site.
We send the referral Leads to our movers, who have joined our subscription network. On rare occasions, it is necessary to send out a Warning/Notification email to movers, asking them for the payment, against our services.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
· Passwords: As part of the quote request process, your user account is password protected.
· · Choice: Getamover respects your decisions about the collection and use of your information. During the process of submitting a quote request, you may choose not to have your phone number revealed to the Movers, but only to be contacted via e-mail and/or facsimile. In this event, we will not provide your telephone number to Movers.
· · Update and Change Information: Getamover provides you with the ability to update and change certain information that you submitted to us. Upon request via mail, e-mail, or phone, we will update or change your personal and moving information. Unfortunately, aggregate information cannot be updated.
· Only the end-users who request an RFQ(Request For Quote), can deactivate their account. By this it means that they can delete their Request, but their email address and password will be stored. This email and password is used to better service the end-user the next time they come to Getamover site.
If, however, we are going to use users personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
In the event Getamover goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email, 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Getamover welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. You can contact us
· · per e-mail at email@example.com;
· · per mail at Getamover, 2875 Towerview RD, Herndon, VA 20171 ; and
· · per phone at +1 (703) 996-9339.
We will continuously monitor User Feedback and seek to improve our services to meet your needs and expectations.
Last updated: April 14, 2016